- Explored: The Utah State Capitol; Mormon Temple Square; Bingham Mine
- Toad Miles Today: 77
- Total Toad Miles Spring12: 906
- Tonight's camp: Pony Express RV "Resort" elevation: 4,200
- Weather: morning low 46f afternoon high 74f; more clouds than sun today
- Notables: 1. The Utah State Capitol Building is awesome... right up there among the best. 2. For the second "awesome" of the day... the Mormon Tabernacle Pipe Organ. 3. Visited the largest man-made excavation ever... the Bingham Canyon Open Pit Mine. Three "awesomes" in one day. May have to take a Valium tonight to settle myself down.
- Link to photos from today... 3 different albums:
- State Capitol photos.... Temple Square photos.... Bingham Canyon Mine photos
|Believe it or not... this image was taken from space by a NASA|
astronaut. It's the Bingham Mine near SLC.
Be patient dear readers.
Our plan was to move tomorrow, to another RV Park up in the Bingham City area. We may still do that, but there's in increasing chance of unsettled weather moving in tonight, and we may wait another day. Depending on what we wake to tomorrow morning, we'll make the decision at that time.