- Move from Boise, ID. to La Grande, OR.
- Route: I-84 all the way
- Fueled (diesel) at 4.169
- Miles Today: 174
- Total Spring12 bus-house miles : 2,276
- Total Spring12 toad miles : 1,002
- Tonight's camp: Eagles Hot Lake RV Park elevation 2,700
- Weather: morning low 33f, high 60f, mostly sunny.
- Notables: 1. Fun drive on I-84 as it winds through valleys and around hills and snow-topped mountains in Eastern Oregon.
- Link to photo album for today.
We stopped for fuel at a Pilot/Flying J before leaving Idaho and had breakfast at their on-site Dennys. Fuel is always expensive in Oregon and Washington, so I wanted to top off the belly tank before crossing the border.
Before long we crossed into Oregon and were climbing over ridges, winding through valleys, and were entertained by the snow-topped Elkhorn Mountains to the west and the Wallowa Mountains to the northeast. Although not as tall as the Cascades, further to the west, the mountains of Eastern Oregon are no less interesting and chock-full of places to explore... things to do. We're hoping to get up into some of those higher places in the next few days.
We have about a week before arriving in the Portland area.