May 1 - An Advance for Position
- Move from North Salt Lake to Brigham City, UT.
- Route: I-15 all the way.
- Fueled (diesel) at 4.069
- Miles Today: 52
- Total Spring12 bus-house miles: 1,815
- Total Spring12 toad miles : 906
- Tonight's camp: Golden Spike RV Park in Brigham, UT. elevation 4,230
- Weather: morning low 51f, high 65f, rain early this morning, then clearing to partly cloudy.
- Notables: Found diesel fuel for 4.07
- Link to photo album for today
|Click to make more readable|
We think we'll be here for 2 or 3 nights. Our site is a pleasant one, helped out by having no neighbors on either side. There are a couple trees to give us afternoon shade and the perfect place to grill a couple steaks for dinner one night if I find the motivation. Hmmm. BEEF... it's what's for dinner.
My closing comment in the paragraph above must have had some subliminal affect on me. After Dar returned home from a small shopping spree later this afternoon, we went out to find a couple bottles of wine and some real beer (all beer in Utah grocery stores is 3.2 beer??). Along the way we passed a restaurant that we'd heard about (with high reviews) called Maddox Ranch House. They grow their own beef, a specialty, and the prices are reasonable considering the portion size and the quality of the food.
So that's where we ended up for dinner tonight... and I got my beef-craving satisfied. Dar had a small portion of Prime Rib and I had my old standby... a Filet Mignon. It was the best beef we've had in a long, long, time.
Now for a long walk around the park.